Sunday, August 31, 2008

*Star Student*

Last week I wrote about Reagan receiving two homework assignments before school even started. We finished the gingerbread princess and turned it in on her first day. Saturday we finished the second assignment called Star Student. We had fill out a paper on her likes, dislikes, family etc and then make a collage of pictures of her. I went through our pictures of her and sent a lot to be printed at Costco. We went and picked them up Saturday and after a birthday party started her assignment. She is a girl who likes symmetry! I let her choose which pictures she liked best and then I cropped them and we tried to get as many as possible on the page. As I would crop she would organize... she came up with this layout, everything had to be lined up! She didn't want to stick the pictures down for fear that she wouldn't get them on "right"! She decided to decorate her page with butterflies and flowers. I had to make an executive decision to put the butterflies on an angle for everything would have been vertical... which would have been fine, but I'm not sure that I could have lived with it... where do you think she gets it from? We had a great time doing it. When we were finished she said she hopes her homework assignments get shorter. Wait until you get to middle school... high school... college! I better not wish time away.

8 comments:

Nancy said...

That turned out so cute! She did a good job. Oh, I don't think I will be good at the homework thing. I'm dreading it. I think Jeremy will end up doing most of it...yeah, right...with all of his "spare" time! My poor kids will have to settle for me and my indecisiveness!

Leslie and Tyson said...

It is cute! I love how she is so worried that it won't be right... I just love her and her crazy ways. But seriously Ban, if she wanted them all vertical you should have let her, it is HER homework. For crying in the night let her be her own boss on something. After all she does have a mole...

Meichelle said...

I found your blog through blogger, & you have such a cute little family! I just wanted to share a giveaway I am hosting... its at http://nowwhatdoyouthinkaboutthat.blogspot.com/
You should check it out!!

Esther said...

It turned out great! What a fun project. Reagan looks so cute in her pictures, I hope she likes school.

Kim said...

Cute little perfectionist.

Elise said...

This is so cute! We have to do something similar for Thomas in the next week or so-- I'll probably end up doing it all myself. Oh well.

Digital scrapbooking is so fun! The first thing you'll need to start is a program to do it with-- there are a ton of them out there, so it's hard to say which one is best for you. There are some good starting pointers on ScrapGirls.com and Scrapbook-Bytes.com. I use Photoshop CS3, mostly because I do a lot of designing, but I'd recommend Photoshop Elements, which is much more affordable and user friendly for someone just starting out. Good luck!!

Nancy said...

I tagged you, so look at my blog!

Leslie and Tyson said...

you are really falling behind on this. plus you should really let us know about the game...