Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Painting

Well, it's official.  We have a red accent wall in our kitchen.  Yesterday, while Alan was at work, I took everything off of the wall, washed the wall and baseboards, and taped everything that wasn't suppose to be painted.  Tahlia was so cute.  She mostly sat on the couch watching TV while I worked.  When Alan got home from work we had a sandwich for dinner because the kitchen was torn apart.  Then we went and got the paint.  We debated whether we needed primer and how much paint we needed.  Alan thought the brown we already had on the wall would be good enough "primer".  I new, from doing a painting project with my geometry classes, that a can of paint covered about 400 sq feet.  Using that information, I told Alan we only needed one can of paint.  We both ended up being right.  We got the first coat on and cleaned up by 10 last night.  It went on great, but we could tell we would need one more coat.  After I got home from water aerobics, I painted the second coat.  It went on really easy and covered great!  The only scary part about the project was climbing on the ladder to reach the 9 foot ceilings.  I survived though.  The paint in currently drying.  I will hopefully put my kitchen back together tonight and decorations up tomorrow.

Tahlia watching TV.



I tried to take a picture myself after I was done, but it didn't turn out very good.  This is what I look like after swimming and painting for a few hours.  Cute, I know!

1 comment:

Kim said...

LOVE it! Are you going to the Riverton pool for water aerobics? That's where I went last summer and loved it.