Sunday, August 24, 2008

Homework

Here, in Jordan District, kindergarten starts a week later than the rest of the students so that they can meet individually with their teacher and be tested. When Reagan went to be tested, last Monday, her teacher gave use two homework assignments. The first one was to decorated and paper gingerbread man. This is due her first day of school. The next assignment we have to complete a paper on her likes, hobbies, etc and then to create a collage of pictures. This isn't due for a few more days though. Reagan decided she wanted to decorate her gingerbread man like a princess. She picked out paper for her dress and then we accessorized. She was so excited that she didn't want to do much herself for fear she would mess it up! I finally convinced her to glue on her eyes, but that was about it. She told me what she wanted and I tried my best to do it. We couldn't decide if she looked better with or without shoes, so we left them off for now and if we decided to add them later, we can. I'm sure there will be many more projects and homework to come. I will be giving homework to my students during the day and helping my own daughter do homework at night! What will we do when all 4 kids are in school! I guess we will just take it one kid at a time.


Reagan is so excited to take her gingerbread princess to her teacher!


A little interesting... but she loves it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable!!! You both did a fabulous job!
Megs

becky ward said...

she looks pleased as punch! what a fun little project.

Nancy said...

Mandie - do you really think it is healthy for your child to start off her MANY years of education knowing her mom will jump in and do her homework for her when things get tough? I mean what kind of lesson are you teaching her anyway? I don't know, that's just my opinion.

Leslie and Tyson said...

I agree with Banc we talked about it today and I think you should stop while you still can. Because right now she's wanting to be independent but if you do everything for her she going to expect things and we all know how you do under pressure. you fold like a broken lawn chair...
JUST A SUGGESTION!

Anonymous said...

Great job teacher!!! How do you react to students who turn in projects done by their parents!!

Nancy said...

I do have to admit that the gingerbread doll is pretty cute though. Reagy looks pretty darn cute too!! Miss her!