Friday, August 15, 2008

Anniversary



I know our anniversary was a few days ago, but I saw this on a friends blog and thought it was a good idea. It's always fun to look back.

1. What date is your anniversary?
August 2nd

2. Where did you get married?
Idaho Falls Temple


3. Who proposed and how?
Alan proposed. It seems like yesterday. It was April 20, 2002. The night before he, along with his friend Bob, drove to Idaho Falls, without me knowing and asked my parents if he could marry me. He wasn't there too long because he was still planning on driving back that night, but he was there long enough to let me sister's try on my engagement ring! The next day we had planned to go to Rodigio Grill to celebrate something about his mission since he served in Brazil. I was game! It was kind of a rainy day, but it was still nice. We had a great dinner, or I did. Later Alan told me he couldn't eat much because he knew what he was about to do. I didn't even pay attention. We left and he ask if I wanted to go for a walk and walk off some of our lunch. I said sure, but was a little shocked because it was a rainy day. So we ended up driving and parking behind the Conference Center and then started walking down. I had had a little too much to drink and told Alan I wouldn't make it too far if I didn't stop to use the restroom. He asked me a few times if I could just make it to Temple Square, but I kept saying no, so we went into the Conference Center. Alan waited for me. When I came out he was sitting on a couch in the lobby of the conference center. I went and sat beside him. We made small talk for a minute and then he started to move and I thought we were going to continue our walk, but he turned and got down on knee! I was shocked! He asked me to marry him, then he showed me the ring. Of course I said yes! He put on my ring and we hugged and kissed. As I looked up, there was a tour going through the conference center that had seen the whole thing and they were all pointing and smiling at us. Needless to say, we didn't finish our "walk" we went back to his car and started to call my family.

4. How long were you engaged?
3 months and 2 weeks

5. What was the favorite part of your wedding day?
The whole day was great, how do I choose? I loved kneeling across the alter and hearing the words, "for time and all eternity". What a great promise!


6. What would you change if you could?
I honestly can't think of anything. It was a great day.

7. Wedding colors?
Navy, Yellow, with accents of white and silver

8. Do you remember anything special from your ceremony? Any good advice? A comical moment?
I remember all of my family being around us, I love my family! I honestly don't remember much of what our sealor said. I remember the wonderful feelings I felt throughout the whole ceremony.

9. Were you clean or messy when you cut your wedding cake?
We were clean, Alan says I threatened him to not get me messy, but I don't remember that conversation!


10. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
We spent two night at the Blue Heron Inn in Rigby, Idaho. Then went to Island Park for the next few days. It was great.

11. How long have you been married now?
6 years!

3 comments:

becky ward said...

hello mandie. it's becky (manwaring) ward. i found your blog on your facebook profile. i love blogs! you looked fabulous on your wedding day. how fun! and we spent the first night of our honeymoon at the blue heron inn as well (in nov 2002). i loved that place so much we went back for our 2nd and 3rd anniversary! congratulations on six years...and FOUR children.

check our blog out at kevinandbeckyward.com. i look forward to keeping in touch with you through your blog.

Kim said...

I love the square neckline on your dress. Fun engagement story, especially with spectators. Congrats on 6 years.

Esther said...

Beautiful wedding pictures! I love Idaho Falls too.
That is a really cute engagement story, it's sweet how he was too nervous to eat, and that you were totally surprised!