Saturday, September 20, 2008

Long Time...

I knew when I started back teaching that things would be different around our house... boy was I right. I feel like we haven't had one second to stop and relax. My day begins at 5:15 a.m. I finish getting ready, including eating breakfast at about 6:10. Alan gets up around at 5:40, gets ready, then gets the kids up around 6:10ish. He gets Tahlia ready first so that I can nurse her while Reagan and Kairi get dressed. Then he gets Camden ready. While I'm doing the girls hair Alan is loading the cars with all of our stuff for the day. If all goes well we are loading in our cars by 6:45. Most of the time I take the kids to the baby sitters because Alan's car won't hold all of the car seats! We did this to ourselves, but we wouldn't send back any one of them... but don't ask us after a long exhausting day! I usually get to work around 7:10 and Alan gets to his train about the same time, and gets to spend a half hour riding to Wells Fargo in downtown Salt Lake. After work, around 3:20 if I don't have meetings I go work out and pick the kids up by 4:30. We head home to work on making dinner, doing homework and trying to do what ever else may be on our plate for the night. Alan is usually home by 5:30 or 6:00. After we clean up for dinner we begin getting kids ready for bed... where has the day gone!? We have to lay out clothes for the next morning so things will run smoothly, baths, reading books and bed between 7:30 and 8:00. I'd like to say that we have been able to accomplish a lot between then and when we go to bed, but we have been so tired that we, or should I say I, usually start getting ready for bed ourselves. The weekends come and we are just as busy only we are grocery shopping, cleaning and trying to spend time together. Every week I think things will slow down, but so far that hasn't happened. This coming week I have parent teacher conferences on Wednesday and Thursday nights, so I will be at work from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.! Alan will be the one taking and picking up the kids from the babysitter. I don't know how people work such long hours on a regular basis... I really am not complaining. I just can't believe how crazy life has become. I doubt life will get less crazy, but it will be crazy in different ways. I thought that when Camden could walk things would be easier because I wouldn't have to carry two babies... that is true but now he has a mind of his own and just goes! He loves to throw and kick balls and is always on the move. Being so busy is making time go by fast. I love work going fast but not time with my family! I haven't had time to post anything for a few weeks, so I will now get caught up.

2 comments:

becky ward said...

oh my! that is the crazy life! i felt like that was what i was living these past two-weeks and boy am i glad that was over. now back to my life with just two little ones.

keep up the good work! you two certainly have a good system.

Kim said...

Whew. I am tired after reading all that! You are a super star, and you never seem stressed. Everything just seems so natural to you. Hats off to you. I feel overwhelmed with my one child :)