Sunday, August 24, 2008

Accident

Alan's brother Michael turned 7 this week and we were having a family birthday party last night. We had had a busy day doing errands and cleaning but we were excited to go. The party was at 5 and we were having hamburger's and hotdogs. We had all the kids loaded in the car except Camden. He had just woke up from a nap and was not quit awake. Alan and I were grabbing last minute things before we went. I picked up Camden set him on the counter to talk to Alan. I asked Alan to take Camden to the car and then I remembered I was going to take my lap top over. I turned to go grab my laptop and Alan turned to get something out of the fridge. Neither of us knew the other was leaving... I grabbed my computer and turned around to see Camden teetering on the edge of the counter! I screamed at Alan and then it happened! Camden fell face first onto the tile! I grabbed him up in time to see the blood starting to come out his nose. He was crying and I was trying to catch the blood. He kept blowing his nose as he was crying and little blood chunks will fly on my arms, his clothes, and the counters. After a little time we calmed him down and gave him some tylenol. By this time his lips were swelling up, he had a bruise appearing on the top of his nose, and he had dried blood under his nose. This was not the way we wanted to start our evening! Camden didn't complain about his nose or mouth the rest of the night. Needless to say we felt like bad parents after this... we are just thankful he is ok.



Look how sad!


He can still put on a smile...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gives him a little personality!!! He is just the cutest little man!!!
Megs

becky ward said...

poor camden! but, he just wouldn't look like a little toddler if he didn't have a bump on his face. my little 1 yr old always has a fresh bruise...so don't feel like bad parents.

Ashley Wilson said...

Oh no, poor guy! I remember the first time Gavin fell and got hurt. It was on his head as well and boy do the head wounds bleed! It scared me half to death! I'm glad he is okay and that he has good parents that stayed calm and took good care of him ;)