Monday, June 22, 2009

Being a Daddy

I know it is a day late, but hey I am a busy guy. I thought I would make a quick post on why I love being a Dad for Fathers Day. I guess I will start with a quote that has always stuck in my mind that my own Father said at my Mission Farewell. "When you are young boy you dream of being as big and strong as your dad. He knows everything and is the greatest help to you. Then you become a teenager and suddenly your Father is a pain, making life a hassle and not letting you do anything. On top of that in a matter of years you notice that he went from knowing everything to being Dumb and not knowing how anything works. Finally at some point you realize that you want to become your Dad and just hope that you can fill his shoes and be as great of a Man as he is. This is usually the point where you become and Adult and realize your Father is not only a good man but the Greatest Man." he then said He hoped that he had made his father proud, and I echo that sentiment in that I hope to make my Father and now my Father in Law proud of me. I Love that as a Dad you get to raise kids and struggle with the Hard Headed and lazy (you can figure out which of my kids fall into which). I love that I have three girls each different from the other. Reagan will always be held to a higher standard but that is what the oldest gets. She is the greatest blessing in the way she has forced me to become even more patient and understanding. Kairi, will always have a smile to make my day and is always able to show me the happy part of life. I love her as she never seems to be mad, ever! Even if you are mad at her, she will just cry and make you feel horrible or smile that smile that you have to love. Tahlia our baby is a blessing in that she will always be the Baby (look at her she is tiny). She seems more like Reagan temperment wise, but hey she has three great examples of how to get into stuff and what to do. I love that she is willing to do anything and show courage already in all that she does. That brings me to my Boy Camden, I can only hope that he can be proud of me as a Dad and that I can forge a Relationship like I have with my dad. The boy is a Freight Train but has the heart and compassion of a Teddy Bear. I love that if you do not see him for like an hour and then come back to see him you would think it had been months. I love all my kids and am so Happy to have had a great Fathers Day with them. I love you kids.

Dad.

4 comments:

Leslie and Tyson said...

You are so sweet! And I KNOW that your kids just ADORE you!

Esther said...

Loved what you said about your kids!

Nancy said...

So sweet! I'm so grateful that Mandie found you (or that you found her and kept persuing her...haha...because you are so amazing to her and a great daddy to the kids!

Kim said...

What a great post Alan!