Tuesday, May 5, 2009

1st Dance Recital

Reagan and Kairi had their first dance recital April 25th at Hillcrest Junior High School. They were both so excited! We woke up Saturday morning, had breakfast and played for awhile. Then around 9 o'clock I started curling hair. The girls played their V-Smiles while I did their hair. The did so good holding still. Then we did make-up, they loved this. Kairi's eyelashes are so long that when I put mascara on her she opened her eyes and got it in her eyebrows! Everyone commented on how beautiful her eyelashes were. We quickly got on costumes and we were out the door by 10:40. Alan had gotten the other kids ready, packed the diaper back, and got the camera ready while I got the girls ready. He was a big help. We arrived at the school at 11:10, right on time! We found our dance teacher, found a spot to sit in the auditorium, and got ready to dance. The Pre-School devision went first. Kairi did her "Rock-n-Robin" song first, which was tap, then her "I Know I Can Do It" which was ballet. I thought she would have stage fright and not perform, but I was wrong. I thought she was great! She was so excited when she came off the stage for the first time. The first thing she asked me was if I got her picture. She wanted to see herself on stage. Then we went and got her ready for her next dance and waited for our next turn. After her second dance she got her trophy! I was so shocked. After being to so many dance competitions for my sister's, I thought we would have to wait until the end. I found out they give the young performers theirs so they don't have to wait until the end of the day... good idea!

Reagan was next, the Kindergarten division. She did her "Twirl My Baton", which is ballet, and then "Candy and Cake" which is tap. Reagan wanted to be on stage so bad, but I was still worried that she might get afraid. She came marching out on stage leading the rest of her class. She was very confident. After her first dance she ran into my arms and asked me if I loved it. Of course I did! We got ready for her next dance and waited. Reagan does not wait well! I thought I would go crazy! Finally, it was her turn again. After her last dance she got her trophy too. Now we were free to go home! We were all tired and hungry for lunch. Alan had packed us a lunch but we really didn't have time to eat it, so we took it home and ate.

Thanks to Megan and Alan's parents for coming. The girls can't wait until next time!

I recorded their dances if you care to watch them. I'm not the best, but you'll get the idea.








Kairi is the middle in her first dance and just right of middle, looking at the stage, on the second.



Reagan is the 2nd in from the left in the first dance and the far left in her second dance.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

So, so, so CUTE!! Bailey and Trevor loved watching the videos! They have their dance recital on Saturday...I'm so excited! Bailey was watching the second part of Reagan's dance and she said "they look like noodles". I gave a confused look and she said "look, they look like they have red sauce and noodles". Ummm, sure?!? Now she wants to come to Utah to watch them dance - ME TOO!!!

Leslie and Tyson said...

WOW!! They are so cute!! I'm not really sure how they got that way.. well I guess they are both related to me!! I'm excited that they love dance! They look great!

Esther said...

SO cute! I love their girly costumes :)