Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mother's Day

Last weekend was Mother's Day and I had a great one! It started on Friday. Reagan was having a special Mother's Day program at school. I found someone to cover my own classes and I went over. I pulled out my camera to take some pictures and guess what... my battery was dead. I was so upset! I took some pictures with my cell phone but they didn't turn out very good. She did such a great job. They sang about 15 songs all together. After she sang she came found me and then we went and got in line to get a picture taken together... I'm thinking I will get that one! Then we got to go eat lunch together. They use this as a day to give the kids an idea of what it will be like to eat lunch next year in 1st grade. After we ate I took her back to her babysitters then went back to work. Then Saturday morning I woke up to Alan making breakfast. He said since we have 9 o'clock church he made breakfast on Saturday. I wasn't complaining... it was very good. The girls colored me some chalk pictures and Reagan wrote me a little message and Kairi wrote me her name. I took pictures of those... very sweet and from their heart. Sunday was nice, we got up and went to church. Sacrament is last so I was anticipating the primary singing all through church. After the first talk the primary sang. The girls were so excited to sing to me. They were the loudest singers, especially Kairi! Then we were surprised and the elders quorum all sang. I don't remember the song but it was very nice. After the meeting the mom's were given a flower and chocolate. When we got home we put the babies down to nap and we rested. Later for dinner, Alan made salmon. It was very good! They did a good job of taking care of me. I'm so grateful to have such a loving husband and great kids! I hope that I can be the kind of mom that I see in my own mom. I love her very much. She has taught me so much and has been very patient. I see more and more of her in me as I grow older... not a bad thing! Love you mom!


This is from my phone... to make it bigger is gets grainier. You can't see her, but Reagan is on the second row in the middle.




Translation: Mom you are cute very very cute. Mom I want you to know I think you are great. Very great mom. You are my love my true love. Love Reagan Sweet isn't!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Sounds like a great Mother's Day! Cute chalk messages!

Leslie and Tyson said...

CUTE!! I love your crazy kids!! But I did notice that Camden and Tahlia didn't get you anything. and sweet isn't it.. not sweet isn't!!