Monday, April 13, 2009

30th Birthday

Well, it's official, I'm 30 years old. People keep asking me if I feel older or weird, but I can honestly say I don't. It is different saying 30 but not weird. I feel like I have accomplished so much in my life that I should be 30. I have been married for almost 7 years, I have 4 kids, I have a teaching degree and I'm going to start my masters program this summer, I have a house and am active in a great ward. I have a lot to show for my 30 years. Alan, surprised me for my birthday and got his parents to watch the kids for the whole weekend. He took me to a place called The Homestead in Midway, Utah. It is up past Park City and is a really pretty area. We left last Friday April 3rd after I got off of work. We actually drove through Provo Canyon to get there because it's a pretty drive. Saturday morning we ordered breakfast into our room and had a pretty lazy morning. Around 11:30 we went to see what we could find in Midway... there is nothing. We had to drive to Heber to find a store or restaurant. We went back the Homestead a little before two because we had an appointment to swim in their crater. The crater is 60 feet deep and his filled with natural mineral water. It is around 90 degrees all year round. People come from all over to scuba dive and experience the crater. I had never seen anything like it... After our swim we had appointments for a massage. I love a good massage. No one is as good as my sister Leslie though! It was really relaxing. Then we went back to our room and got ready to go to dinner. We found a local restaurant to eat at. It was so nice to eat our food right when it came to our table instead of getting our kids ready to eat first. Saturday ended with us watching the NCAA tournament. Sunday came to quickly. We had to check out by noon. What a great weekend away. It was just what I needed. Thanks for the great birthday Alan.


You walk into the crater through a tunnel. To the left is the dressing rooms... a little scary.


The walls inside the crater are naturally made by the mineral water, we were asked not to touch them.




This is were you could sit and soak if you didn't want to swim out. Not too many people can sit and soak though.


A group of scuba divers about to go under.


You can climb to the top of the crater and look down. It's 60 feet to the waters surface.




We saw a lot of deer up there.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

So fun...I am very jealous. I would love a weekend getaway! Cool place too. Props to Alan!

becky ward said...

happy 30th! sounds like an amazing get-away. and what a cool crater. oh, what fun! your husband did a great job.

Amberlee said...

Happy 30th! I agree with you- it seems not that long ago that we were in high school, but when you look back on all we've accomplished we have earned being 30! Your trip sounds awesome!