Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Holiday Fun

We have had a lot of fun getting ready for Christmas this year. It all started the Monday after Thanksgiving. We put our Christmas tree up for family home evening and the kids loved it! Reagan and Kairi were a TON of help and Camden and Tahlia had fun just watching and touching anything they could. I was so caught up in the moment that I didn't think to take pictures though. The following Monday we made a ginger bread house for family home evening. This is something we started doing last year and the girls love it! Last year Alan didn't help the "right" way so the girls didn't want him to help this year. He finally got a chance to help and guess what he did... he messed up! He dropped a tree, icing down, on the table. The girls have said he can't help next year at all. I think it's funny... and secretly I think Alan's ok with it because then he doesn't have to deal with the mess the fighting etc. Last night we invited Michael over to help decorate sugar cookies to leave out for Santa. The girls and I had made the cookies during nap time so that we could decorate them after dinner. They had a great time and have chosen favorites to leave out for Santa along with his chocolate milk. For some reason our girls think Santa likes chocolate milk, I think that has something to do with there dad! I forgot to take pictures of them frosting cookies. So I will take a picture of the cookies we set out for Santa tonight. We are all very excited about tomorrow. The kids can't wait to see what they get from Santa and Alan and I can't wait to see there faces!


Tahlia opened her stocking from my mom over Thanksgiving.


Tahlia looked a little crazy the night we made the ginger bread house. She loves her tongue.


They wanted to do things just right!


The girls waiting for me to put on more icing so they could attach more candy. (Notice Kairi's halloween shirt... she just had to wear it!)


The finished product.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Too Cute! We have the same gingerbread house...we made two of them this year. Lots of candy at our house! Tahlia is so cute, I want to squeeze her face off!!!

Leslie and Tyson said...

Well from the short time I was there to see this in the making... it turned out pretty good! Hope your girls were good more than they were bad this year!! Merry Christmas!

Kim said...

Very cute gingerbread house. I've always wanted to make one and hopefully will get around to it next year.

Tahlia is a doll with those big blue eyes.

Amberlee said...

Way cute gingerbread house! Looks like you were busy and had a great Christmas season!