Saturday, September 19, 2009

Potty Training!

We decided that we had had two babies in diapers for too long, so after the kids got back from my parents house this summer, I started potty training Camden. He has done amazingly well! We have had some rough moments but we are getting closer and closer every day to being 100% potty trained! He is telling us about 50% of the time that he needs to go potty, the other 50% we are just making him go. Potty training a boy after two girls has been A LOT different! There are certain things you don't have to worry about with girls. We tried using a potty seat but we were cleaning up way to many messes. Our babysitter just decided to try him on the toilet after a few days and no more messes! Camden's one downfall is he loves to lay in bed after he wakes up... so accidents happen. We have started opening his door after he goes to sleep so that he knows he can get up when he wakes up in the morning. He has been waking up at 5:50... no wonder he has been having accidents. We don't usually get them up until about 6:15. Hopefully we have fixed this problem. I can't wait for the day when I don't have to worry getting him to the potty. Independence is a wonderful thing. Camden loves wearing underwear (not panties... like I keep calling them after having two girls!) he even wanted me to take a picture of him in his training pants! Funny boy.

1 comment:

Leslie and Tyson said...

PANTIES! haha Mary will just die when she reads it. She HATES that word. I keep using it, I can't change my ways.