Saturday, February 28, 2009

Thank You Leslie

On President's Day, our babysitter had a family emergency come up and told us that she wouldn't be able to babysit for us all week. We were immediately stressed! It is hard finding a babysitter short notice but especially for 4 kids. We tried calling people but finally I thought to call my sister Leslie. She was at work so we had to wait for her to call us back. When she did, she willing accepted to drive from Idaho Falls and spend the week babysitting our kids. What an amazing thing to do! She had to leave her husband, house and job, but she did! She has always been so willing to help. She got here late Monday night and was up early Tuesday morning before Alan and I left for work. Our kids love her so much! She plays with them and knows just how to handle them. She is going to be an amazing mom someday. I felt so calm having her here all week. She was going to come for Kairi's birthday last weekend anyway, so she just stayed through the weekend. Well, Sunday night, we found out do to several things, that we had lost our babysitter of nearly 3 years. We were devastated. We didn't know what to do. Reagan was going back on track on Monday and I had parent teacher conferences and possibly jury duty and Alan had a big week at work. We needed to go to work but we had to take care of our kids first. Alan immediately text Leslie. I felt so bad asking her for help again, but she again was great! Dad brought her back down late Sunday night and they stayed through Tuesday. We are eternally grateful for her willingness to help us. When I told people I worked with they were all amazed that she had to drive 3 hours and still came. That is just the type of person Leslie is! Thank you Leslie for helping us through this hard time ... WE LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

So I knew that Leslie came down for the week, but I didn't know your babysitter quit on you. What have you figured out? I'm a little offended that you didn't call and ask me...after all, I don't have an "out of home" job like Leslie. I'm use to staying at home with crazy kids. Well, I guess we all know who your favorite is, don't we?!!!

Leslie and Tyson said...

Thats right I'm the favorite!! Haven't we always known this??